This year’s Contemporary Passions exhibition, at Harbour House, Kingsbridge, will be open to the public 16-28 July.
New works by members of SHAF
As a member of SHAF (South Hams Art Forum), I’m exhibiting along with eight other artists.
- Teresa Barlow
- Nick Cotter
- Jane Davarian
- Crystel Dauth
- Brett Hornby
- Cherry Lyons
- Jane Mahood
- Elaine Sibley
The theme for 2019
The theme for the contemporary Passions exhibition, this year, is ELEMENTS. This can be interpreted in many ways.
- A small but significant amount of feeling or quality
- An essential or characteristic part of something abstract
- Each of more than 100 substances that cannot be chemically converted or broken down
- The fundamental constituents of the world in ancient philosophy: earth, air, water and fire
- Strong winds, heavy rain or other kinds of bad weather
- A person’s or animal’s natural or preferred environment – in their element
Water is colourless and yet …
My take on this theme is, unsurprisingly, water. In particular, I’m focusing on the fact that water is colourless, and yet …
Of the 140+ paintings I have produced in the past decade or so, the water has never been colourless.
You might think it would be blue, but I’ve witnessed every colour (almost!) under the sun, and then tried to capture that in my images.
So, the paintings I have selected for this exhibition will aim to show the variety of colours that colourless water takes on.
Meet the Artists: 6-8pm Tuesday 16 July
There will be an opportunity to meet all the artists – and to see the Contemporary Passions exhibition, and to discuss with them their individual interpretations of the theme ELEMENT – on Tuesday 16 July: 6-8pm.
I hope to see you there.
Salcombe-Art blog: Featuring the artists
I will be featuring some of my fellow artists in the coming weeks. Each exhibitor will explain the process they use in creating their art, and you’ll get to see examples of the work that will be on show in the Contemporary Passions exhibition ahead of time.