OPEN! Salcombe Art Club Summer Exhibition 2018
Last Thursday, I attended the Salcombe Art Club Summer Exhibition Preview evening, at which cheques were distributed to two local worthy causes.
Our chairlady, Naomi Ainsley, and our esteemed Mayor, Michael Fice, made the presentations.
There are lots more photos on the Salcombe Art club’s page on Facebook and I’m sure there will be a report in the local Gazette in due course.
My paintings on display in the Summer exhibition
On display in the Loft Studio, there are now five of my paintings:
On the left, from top to bottom:
On the right, from top to bottom:
- 139 Watching the Merlins Race
- 143 Yawls at Salcombe Harbour Hotel (partly hidden by me but featured above)
The tourists are now here for the Easter and we hope many of them will visit the Loft Gallery to see the wonderful display of work by local artists.
As members of the Salcombe Art Club, we are invited to display our creations. If sold, 15% of the price goes the to Salcombe Art club.
This ‘income’ pays for the running costs, but also funds our charitable gifts to local causes.
Which brings me back to the beginning of this post. This year’s beneficiaries were Erme Valley Riding for the Disabled and Kingsbridge Food Bank.
Dates for your diary during the Summer exhibition
I will be stewarding on the following dates.
- Wednesday 16 May: 11am – 2pm
- Wednesday 1 August: 11am – 5pm
- Wednesday 8 August: 11am – 5pm
- Sunday 12 August: 11am – 5pm
- Saturday 18 August: 2pm – 5pm
- Sunday 19 August: 11am – 5pm
- Wednesday 26 September: 11am – 5pm
Pop in to meet me in the flesh!