SHAF Arts Trail 11-27 October 2019
The SHAF (South Hams Arts Forum) Arts Trail starts on Saturday 12 October – two weeks of public access to artists’ studios and gallery spaces to see their work, talk with the artists and enjoy their hospitality. This includes half-term week so we may have lots of visitors in town.
Before the SHAF Trail starts, we have our preview party on the Friday evening. 11 October, 6-9pm.
WHAT’S HAPPENING AT BEACON HOUSE?
At Beacon House, the preparation for the SHAF Trail has started.
- Invitations to the preview party have been sent. If you’ve not received one, contact me.
- Food has been ordered – canapés for Friday evening
… and cakes from Samphire Foods for the daytime visitors during the rest of the fortnight.
- We have restocked the the beer fridge and the wine racks …
- My paintings are being hung …
- Later today, Chris Pring will be bringing his collection of ceramics. These will be on display in the hallway, and in the sunroom.
- Tomorrow, we will have received all of Michael Hill’s paintings to hang. These will be on the mezzanine floor.
- Wednesday, work starts on creating the brochure … and I have the SHAF signs to put up at the top of Bonfire Hill.
- Thursday, we will be setting out my affordable art: cushions, mugs, table mats and coasters, glass coasters and chopping boards, pill boxes, key rings and fridge magnets.
- Friday, it’s time to set up the house for the preview party: plates, serviettes, glasses …
So much to do!
WHEN ARE WE OPEN?
We are open 10am until 5pm, daily from Saturday 12 October until Sunday 27 – apart from Tuesdays.
WHERE SHOULD YOU PARK?
There is parking on our private drive for about five cars.
You might also park in Bonfire Hill, alongside the allotments, or in the Park’n’Ride. Please don’t park on the shared driveway!
Ring us on 01548 844020.